lunes, 10 de mayo de 2010

Mi corazon esta colgando en tus manos...cuidado!

Haha, that song is in my head! It's very popular here, and on my way to and from work I always listen to Radio Disney (said in a Spanish accent), and I hear it at least twice a day. It's such a fabulous radio station!

So the last few weeks have been lots of fun, but I've been failing miserably at taking pictures. Two weekends ago we went on our Spring Retreat as a house, and it was awesome. We went with Fray Jorge, and it was a Spanglish retreat...but it was really good. We were able to reflect on what we've done this year and how we want to use what we've learned this year to go on to whatever is coming next in July. We all got to spend a lot of time together and in silence individually, and I think it was a much needed retreat, at least for me. I'm loving everything that I'm doing down here so much, and I'm still just not sure what I want to do next year, so it was good for me to reflect on that kind of thing. Not sure I got anywhere, but it was good to have some time to think about it at least.

So, Gabriel is leaving us. He got a fabulous job offer to work for a radio station doing reports on the World Cup and it starts in June! He's super excited about it, but that means he has to leave in a couple of weeks. It's sad, and we will miss him lots, but we obviously understand. We are all very supportive of him, but it will be weird without our fifth community member here. Anyway, on Friday, Liz, Juancho, Gabe, and I went with Gabe's cousin to El Castillo, which is kind of like a country club. Liz and I took a spinning class while Gabe, his cousin, and John played basketball or soccer or something. Then we all got in the hot tub and the pool...it was a blast! Spinning was not so much fun, but afterward I was glad that I did it and it was so nice to relax in the hot tub after that.

On Saturday, I went to a surprise birthday party for one of the girls from the school where I work (Maria del Mar) who was turning 15. It was a BOWLING party, and I was so excited about it...but as it turns out, bowling is not so popular here. I was EASILY the best bowler there with a score of 80. It was the first and last time I am sure that I will ever be the best bowler at a bowling alley. Haha, the girls that I was bowling with made me go first, and then they said, "Kelli, but how do you do it?" So I had to show them how to hold the ball and everything...it was so crazy! It's so sad that they had never been bowling before! And they were all just appalled by the shoes you had to wear, haha. It was pretty fabulous. The party in itself was fun, but also very awkward. There was only one other girl there from the school besides the birthday girl, and she left early, so I was the awkward gringa for a good portion of the party. But then when we sat down to eat, I kind of made friends with her mom's co-workers. I got really upset though, because at one point, Maria's mom was sitting near us, and one of her co-workers said, "Your daughter is BEAUTIFUL!" And her mom responded by rolling her eyes and saying, "Do you know how much she weighs?" I was so, so, so sad for Maria. I cannot imagine having a mother who thought of me like that. I am very blessed to have a mom who loves me no matter what and no matter how much I weigh. :)

Okay, daycare story of this blog entry: It was nap time the other day, and I was in the room where the little kids sleep (the big kids sleep in a different room) trying to get the kids to go to sleep, and Moises (one of the big kids) came running into where I was with this worried look on his face and saying, "Kelli!" I said, "Si, Moises?" And he said, "Te amo." (I love you). And walked away. Hahahaha, it was soooo cute. I like those kids most of the time.

Dorian, however, headbutted me the other day unfortunately. Did not love that.

Here are some pictures! :)


My college roommates know me so well. I got a book on the History of Farting from Allison, and cards from Barb and Erin that have fart jokes on them. Hahaha, I love them.

Maria del Mar, Brenda, and me at the birthday party!

Haha, Brenda's first ball that she bowled...you can see it in the background in the gutter.

All of us and Fray Jorge and his brother Alvaro out for dinner after our retreat :)

Wow...they are all really good at being candid.

Fray Jorge!

This was their, "Act like you're on retreat!" face.

2 comentarios:

  1. I love your blog, and your roommates, and YOU! :)

    Mom

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I am reading your blog and watching tv (HGTV) and the show was about 2 friends searching for an apartment together...guess what their names were? Sara and Kelly (sorry she had a "y" instead of "i") how great is that!

    OH yeah, love you

    ResponderEliminar